Exhausted and falling asleep so I’ve got only a few snapshots.
- Cinderblock, corrugated steel and exposed wood seem to make up the primary building materials
- Stray dogs – many of them with a gimpy leg
- Rain and fog in the mountains
- Beautiful views from mountainside roads crumbling over vertigo-inducing heights
- BIG spiders
- Four classes of people in the lakeside villages: the indigenous, the modern world-embracing locals, resident gringos, and tourists
- Buses crammed with people
- Lots of motorcycles
I’m staying at a nice home near the lake and am accompanied by a yellow lab and a black lab – pets of the owner. They’re both very sweet dogs, but at least one of them is emitting the “silent but deadly” variety.
More tomorrow. Activities dependent on the weather.